Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trailers I saw yesterday that seem worthy of mention

This is a follow up to my post last night.
I found some of the trailers online. Very exciting line up of flicks for the summer.


Here is the trailer for Moon. As soon as I heard Spacey as the voice for the computer on board the ship I knew this would be awesome. I have an affinity toward movies that touch on the theme of alien life-forms and I think it reminded me of a mixture of k-pax yet had a touch of Se7ev in it as well from the slightly demonic sound of his supposedly lifeless computer voice. I also like the idea of how characters are effected by isolation (a la Cast Away). This premise is incredible and I hope the movie delivers. Great actors as well so my hopes are high.

Leave comments if you wanna discuss this more.




Okay, here is the Lebron James one. This also looks sensational. I find it fascinating when movie/documentaries can be created retroactively. Yes, I realize the irony/stupidness of that statement since all documentaries deal with the past. I just mean that it impresses me that such great depictions can be manifested from stories and footage of people who at the time were not at the same level that they eventually rose to. Sure, Lebron was touted to be the greatest since he was a fetus but there still seems to be a great deal of inspirational and dramatic footage from his highschool days. Seems like a fairy tale. I'm glad I know very little about that team because I want to film to show me as much new information as possible. The Tyson movie last night was not quite informative in that way but did show some sides of MT that otherwise get smothered by the way the media depicts people in his position.




The John Dillinger movie with Depp and Bale is actually called "Public Enemies". Again, solid cast and good historical story line to draw on.




The last one was the hardest title to remember. Apperantly it is a remake of an older book/movie (in 1974). Who knew? lol. Not me.

Original


Current

No comments:

Post a Comment