Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm quoted in an interview...yikes

So a while ago I was contacted by some Swiss and German reporters about a kid I went to highschool with. His name, at the school, was Chol-pek, or however you spell it. He was/is the son of North Korea's dictator Kim Jong-il. You know, this guy...




Regrettably, I obliged their requests for information on him. I don't know why I did and especially didn't want my name associated with the articles but it happened and is now disseminated around cyberland. Not really a big deal since I didn't say anything controversial or negative about him. I'm not stupid enough to publicly insult the son of the wildest dictator currently living.

The funniest part is that I think the info I gave them is on the middle child and not the youngest who is now expected to be successor. But they quoted it all as if it is the right son. I'm not 100% sure either way so whatever...I didn't even know he had a younger (or older) brother. I guess the kid was also in the school at the time. Strange. I don't remember him even though there were only 200+ kids in the school from grade 1 to 12. I guess I need to see if I can dig up the old ISB yearbook.


But the reason I'm writing this is to share the translated document I received today from a friend of mine who read it. Not sure who their editor/translator is at Babelfish but perhaps they should look into getting a replacement, lol.

Here are a couple of paragraphs for your reading pleasure.

But one knows very few things about him. Only certainty, Kim Jong-un passed a good part of her adolescence to Switzerland. It attended there International School off Bern (ISB) of Gümlingen, to a few hundred meters of the embassy North-Korean. Registered under the false name of Chol Pak, it left the establishment at 15 years, in 1998, without to have passed there its baccalaureat, which is obtained at the conclusion of the 12th year. “It was in 9th or 10th when it left, the Canadian Ron Schwartz remembers, who belonged to the teams of tennis shoe and swimming with him. It was a timid and introverted young man, but who appreciated the sports of team. He admired much Michael Jordan and Jean-Claude Van Damme.
________________________________________________________________________
But some bizarreries all the same woke up the curiosity of those which côtoyé it. “It always had a kind of bodyguard with him, which was called Kwang Chol”, a former student of the ISB describes which says to have been “friendly” with the son of Kim Jong-il. Ron Schwartz also remembers this other raises North-Korean, “an young man hut and stiff, who played tennis shoe with us. It was in the same class as Chol Pak, whereas it was much older than him. But it had a young air, which made the thing less strange for us.” At the time, his/her comrades treat this business like a simple rumour, even a gag, and do not seek with more. Only one pupil was apparently with the current of the real identity of Chol Pak: a Japanese of its class “which knew that it was related to somebody of very high placed in the Government North-Korean”, reports Ron Schwartz.


If reading jumbled English is fun for you and you want to see the rest of this, here is the link: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2211839/posts

Here are a couple other "better" articles on the topic:

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/front/Commander_Kim_speaks_Swiss_German.html?siteSect=105&sid=10773974&rss=true&ty=st

http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/79248/-quot-commander-kim-quot-speaks-swiss-german.html

1 comment: