Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Recent works

Below are a few of my most recent paintings. They are on circular canvases that are 40" in diameter. I really like working on circles and it fits very well with my preferred style.

These paintings rotate slowly on the wall with the assistance of my painting rotators called Oh2Be. There will soon be a youtube video explaining/displaying this because it's way easier to understand when you see it as opposed to reading about it.

So anyway, here are some of the paintings. They are acrylic paint, in case you're wondering.

Skulleton




There have been some additions to this since this photo was taken. I can say with certainty now that it is 100% complete - which is tough for me to do because I often have the urge to go back and fix/change/add something. The name Skulleton is an amalgamation of the words 'skull' and 'skeleton'. The image is somewhat of an abstract inverted self portrait. At the angle it is seen here, you might be able to see a tilted head/skull. The inner workings and architecture make up the units of my thought process, or at least it did at the time. There are two eggheads in this world. The one inside the house, leaning out to close the door, represents...... I dunno what. My subconscious maybe? Yeah, some shit like that.


Juniper



Juniper is a world in the sky and is some sort of escape. It's a place to travel and move without knowing which way is up and where nothing is right or wrong. Find the hot air balloon rising into the sky.


Growing up somehow




This is about youth, imagination, innocence and freedom. The combination of inanimate objects and those with life make for an interesting partnership. I strove for an essence of perpetual motion and balance. Each creature, the boy included, is young and anxious to explore. Sustenance abounds as this is a place one could and should plan to live forever.


7-9-5-4



7 = k. 9 = p. 5 = l. 4 = r. I made this with a special person in mind. What was initially just a splashy abstract made with spray-paint turned into something more. What I enjoy most about this painting is that it has reverse symmetry. Every part of the core structure is replicated on the opposite side. I was listening to many songs from Okayplayer.com when I started this one.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Do you sell these somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.

    www.toblerusse.etsy.com

    I sell them as small circular prints that you can rotate. They were constructed from various parts and are for shelves, desks, tables etc.... but you can also put in on the wall and rotate it there

    ReplyDelete