Wednesday, April 15, 2009

MacT out




This had to happen. I think a change was necessary and by doing this they are finally demonstrating that there is (at last) some accountability in this organization.
As a coach in this league he had far too much slack on the leash from his higher ups who happen to be his buddies. A business, in an industry as competitive as the NHL, cannot function properly if people are not held accountable for their short comings and CraigMac had 8 years to get his stuff together and he did not really develop the team as a better coach could have.

Craig MacTavish era is over

I hope they find the right replacement and I hope it's a coach who has offensive systems in mind that work and fit with this particular team. I want to see the exciting team that the Oilers are capable of being and I want to see a coach who can get the best from his players and not smother them in defensive roles.

Here's to hopin!

No comments:

Post a Comment